Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using /etc/pki/tls for IMAPS certs?

Chris Schulte February 25, 2020

I'm running jira service desk and confluence on a centos 7 server behind an apache reverse proxy using ssl. I'm trying to receive incoming mail from a remote host (outlook.office365.com) with secure IMAP. I have the imaps service enabled and imap/pop ports open in the firewall. 

I keep getting "AuthenticationFailedException: LOGIN failed." The log files don't tell me very much more. I've verified with my remote host that my login credentials are correct.

I've updated setenv.sh with, VM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS="-Dmail.imap.starttls.enable=true -Dmail.imaps.auth.plain.disable=true"

Do I need to add the tls certificates for my imaps in order to use it from a remote host? If so, how do I use the certificates that I'm already using for my https reverse proxy in /etc/pki/tls?

Thanks,

Chris

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2020

Dear @Chris Schulte ,

the certs in /etc/pki/tls are used for local services on your centos 7 server. The Apache2 or an own secured IMAP (eg, dovecot).

You are trying to connect to office36.com, so Jira acts as a client.

To get more insights, enable debug logging for incoming email.

So long

Thomas

Chris Schulte February 25, 2020

Thank you, Thomas.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events