Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Service Desk Automation + Create on Transition

Liz October 6, 2017

I'm trying to utilize the built-in Service Desk Automation tool in conjunction with the Create on Transition plug-in.

I'd like to utilize the Service Desk Automation tool for a simple If/Then.

Trigger: Issue Created

If field = y

Then update Issue field, Environment = x.

That works fine.

Then I want to set a custom field on a new issue utilizing Create on Transition.  Custom Field will equal the Environment field from the original issue (x).

I have Create on Transition working successfully, however it is not setting this custom field.  (It is setting other custom fields successfully.)

If I instead use a Post Function to set the value of Environment, then it works great (but then I can't utilize If/Then conditions.)

So I'm suspecting that this is an order of operations problem.  The SD Automation is not running before the Create Issue Post Function.  

Does anyone have any ideas about where SD Automation fits within the Post Function operations?

3 answers

0 votes
Liz October 9, 2017

Thanks for the replies.  I will check those out.

francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 22, 2017

Just to chime in on the suggestion from Matthias to use Backbone for synchronization.

Exalate provides on top of a robust synchronisation engine a scripting engine which provides the flexibility to implement any use case you might have in mind

Francis

0 votes
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2017

If you want to go a step further than simply create an issue on a certain condition, but also keep it synchronized with the original request afterwards, you could also choose an issue synchronization app from the marketplace.

Since I'm working for K15t, I'd obviously recommend Backbone Issue Sync, but that's a choice you have to make.

If you're interested in a discussion of your use case or demo, let us know at support@k15t.com.

0 votes
Michael Brown [Ascend] October 8, 2017

In your list of Post Functions, you have, normally a list of events / actions that occur (just a stock list):

• Creates the Issue Originally
  • Re-index an issue to keep indexes in sync with the database.
  • Fire a Issue Created event
  • <<other Post functions / Custom steps>>

I assume your automation picks up as soon as the "Creates the Issue Originally" event occurs. 

You may want to look into JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions instead, as you can create a small groovy script that follow the if/then condition and auto copy the information between fields. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events