Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Jira cloud for Excel

Farzaneh Shalbaf Hosseinabadi November 18, 2019

Has anyone started using Jira Cloud for Excel

It works fine on my online Excel. What I am missing is this feature that they mention in the main page:

• Schedule reports that make weekly reporting a breeze

I can refresh the data by manual clicking on Refresh Data, but I have not been able to automate it, or as they mentioned schedule it. It will be a lot of help if I could automate this export. Anyone could help?

2 answers

0 votes
Philipp Suchan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 18, 2019

@Farzaneh Shalbaf Hosseinabadi  - Hi there, the schedule functionality in Excel is coming soon. If you want to schedule reports from Jira data today, you can use the Jira for Google Sheets integration: https://gsuite.google.com/marketplace/app/jira_cloud_for_sheets/1065669263016

Farzaneh Shalbaf Hosseinabadi November 19, 2019

I have been reluctant using this as it is requiring me to use my personal google account, and certainly this is what I have to avoid (obviously one should avoid putting company data on personal account). Is there anyway that we can use our company user account with this integration?  

Nicholaus Pyle December 16, 2019

@Philipp Suchan is there an open case or ticket for this so we can watch the progress?

Catherine Chang
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 16, 2019

Hi @Farzaneh Shalbaf Hosseinabadi , @Nicholaus Pyle 

We don't quite have an ETA just yet, but we're hoping to provide this feature as soon as we can. In the meantime, here's a ticket to watch: https://jira.atlassian.com/projects/API/issues/API-206

Farzaneh Shalbaf Hosseinabadi December 16, 2019

Thank you @Catherine Chang I just voted for it and started watching it. :) 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2019

I played with it a bit. I really like the idea and ease of use. I don't have a huge need for it TBH but it will certainly come in handy. I can certainly see where folks would want to have a scheduler solution but, hey, let's celebrate what we have for a few days. ;-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events