Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users Licenses

Jason Duval November 8, 2017

I am attempting to have customer use our system but I keep being told that I am out of licenses.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2017

This is not a "customer".  In Jira, "customer" means something very specific - it's a user who can use the Service Desk portals, but NOT the rest of Jira.

You don't need licences for "customers".

However, you do need them for Jira users (Agents, Software users or Core users).  You have run out of licences for the role you are trying to add this person to.  Either go up to the next tier, or disable a user you don't need any more.

Jason Duval November 8, 2017

So what I am trying to have happen is emails be sent out to users listed under the organization.  I have our instance synced with AD.  I am unable to have the system send emails to these individuals.  I was also hoping that customers could send in emails to our monitored email address and have the customers created automatically.  This also doesn't operate as I would expect.  Get told I have exceeded the user license. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2017

You can do that for customers, that's one of the main routes Service Desk uses for communicating with customers.

But you are trying to add people as users, not customers, and you've already got the maximum number of users defined.

How have you configured the incoming email for the service desk project?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events