Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User unable to minimize gadget on dashboard

Martha Berry August 14, 2019

I created a shared dashboard for our team and I have at least one user who wants to minimize some gadgets.  The gadgets used are all Filter Results. 

She clicks on the three dots at the top right of the nme bar and it shows  minimize, but it does not work.  I gave this user editor rights on the dashboard and filters.  She cannot see the JQL behind the filter either.

We are using Jira Service Desk, version 7.13.

2 answers

0 votes

I used Snipping Tool and saved this as a .jpg  

The editor option showed up in our last upgrade.

Since it seemed to cut off the right side, I cropped that and it's at the bottom.

mb_filter_question.jpgmb_filter_question_right_side.jpg

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2019

I'm on version 7.9 that's why I was confused.   It took me a while to find the documentation on this new feature.  Was added in 7.12.0 (JRASERVER-17783).

But what is that "hide" at the bottom?  Is that another new option?

You can Show the shares, or you can hide them if they are listed.  

Thanks for trying.

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2019

So the hide is a toggle?

It still seems that somehow this user does not have share to the filter.  Can the user search for that filter and find it?

Are you able to impersonate the user (e.g. thru scriptrunner or other app?)

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 14, 2019

Hi Martha,

Is the underlying filter in your filter results gadget also shared to that user?  Both the dashboard and the filters need to be shared.

Hope that helps

Susan

All of the gadgets on that dashboard are shared with the team and this user has Edit rights.  Of the 5 gadgets, I only had to add edit on one.  All are shared.  It doesn't matter which one she tries to minimize.  I verified she is editor on the dashboard, too.  

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 14, 2019

Hi martha,

I'm a bit confused when you say "edit rights".  Only the owner of a dashboard or filter can "edit" the dashboard or filter. 

Do you have any screenshots?

Susan

Srry, forgot to hit reply.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events