Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User registration form and GDPR

csuc May 17, 2018

Like many other companies, next May 25 we are affected by the GDPR.
We have been reviewing information about the different atlassian products that we have licensed (JIRA, Confluence and JIRA Servicedesk) to know how atlassian resolved it.
We have seen that you are working on the different articles (right to oblivion, etc.) and I understand that in future updates that we will have to apply will be resolved.

For the moment we should at least collect the consent of the users when registering to apply the different treatments.

So to collect the consent of users when registering we think that the simplest thing would be to add a text (or obligatory checkbox button) on the registration page as it has done atlassian, "By signing up, you agree to the Customer Agreement and Privacy Policy. "

How can we do it in Jira Servicedesk.

Best regards,

Natalia

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2018

It might help to review this past discussion: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/How-do-i-add-message-to-login-screen-of-service-desk-of-Jira-e-g/qaq-p/101407

In it, other users have noted that they were able to edit specific files in the plugin .jar or .obr file in order to make changes to the Service Desk login/signup pages in order to add some custom text there.   However among the comments of that thread are other postings by Atlassians that recommend against this method as being a fragile work-around.  Instead, for a start, I would recommend watching/voting on the feature request https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-330

Although this feature has not yet been implemented, there are also a number of other possible work-arounds for this noted in the comments of that thread.   Note that these methods are just for the sake of customizing text that appears on that page.  It does not extend itself to adding a checkbox or otherwise collecting other information here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events