Upgraded to latest version of JIRA Helpdesk and Cannot create Projects

HolmanG January 15, 2018

Hello,

We recently upgraded to new/latest version of JIRA Service Desk 3.10.0.

After upgrade process, which was successful, we attempted to use our Service Desk project and it not loading properly. I then proceeded to create a new Service Desk since we are currently playing with software to see if it will meet out needs to replace our existing system.

When I got to create new project (Type IT Service Desk), I continue to get message:

"Hmm...we couldn't create your project due to an unknown error. Try refreshing the page to start again."

I've restarted page, tried different browsers and no success. Every time when page refreshes, it clears the "Project Lead" field and has me start process all over again.

Can you help please? Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2018

Did you read the release notes and upgrade instructions for all the versions between the one you started at and 3.10.0? You may have to do a multi-step upgrade and not go directly to 3.10. Hopefully this is just a development system and not your production instance. :)

HolmanG January 15, 2018

Yes, followed all steps and got successful message on upgrade process.

We are currently not using Service Desk. I purchased 10 user license so we can play with it and see if is a fit for us.

HolmanG January 15, 2018

Also, I looked at log files, in particular  Service Desk log file. All it shows is me re-indexing system. No particular errors... unless I'm looking at the wrong log files.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events