Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded JIRA but Service Desk won't upload/install.

Ryan Necessary February 4, 2019

Tried uploading Service Desk application but via 'versions and licenses' page but gives error and says check logs. I cant see anything in the logs causing the issue. I also tried moving all .jar files out of the installed-addons directory but didn't help. Rebooted many times, also tried multiple versions of Service Desk. "An unexpected error occurred. Refer to the logs for more information."

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ryan Necessary February 7, 2019

Hi. I was able to resolve this. I had let maintenance lapse a few months and I believe it was a mistake to start upgrading the applications in a state where the license wasn't happy. In the end I had to upgrade the Service Desk to the 5-user tier, then try the reinstall from the web gui. From there it went OK. Thanks all. 

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2019

Ryan,

What was the name of the log file that you're checking? The message is confirming something was written to the log file, so if you aren't seeing any messages it might be writing to a different location.

Can you also let me know what version of JSD you had previously, and what version you're updating to? I assume it's the latest?

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events