It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Upgrade from JIRA v7.1.4 to JIRA 7.43

Hi All,

So, roughly how long would an upgrade from JIRA v7.1.4 to JIRA 7.43 typically take? 1 hr, 2 hrs? Or do you need more information to make this determination.

I'm just looking to see how much time you would allocate for yourself to upgrade JIRA, so that I can notify my customer's on how long JIRA would be down for.

Thanks,
Esther

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Less than 5 minutes when you've only got a few issues, hours if you've got hundreds of thousands.  The upgrade doesn't make vast changes to the database, but it needs to re-structure it in places which takes time proportional to the amount of data in the tables it's changing, and then re-index, which is roughly proportional to the number of issues you've got.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Desk

Tell us how you've implemented Change Management

Hello Community 👋, I'm a product manager at Atlassian, looking at improving change management capabilities across our products. In particular, we're looking at bridging the gap between Dev & ...

280 views 0 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you