Unlicensed users emails are not being picked up from mailbox

Paul Stone July 31, 2020

We have purchased the 5 user starter package, and I have checked the settings in the service desk project and it appears to be setup correctly, but the emails are not being picked up from the mailbox.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2020

@Paul Stone - hi Paul!

• To confirm, is this for Jira Service Desk Cloud or Server?
  • Go to your service desk project, check its "Project settings", then "Email requests". Do you see your mailbox configured correctly?
Paul Stone July 31, 2020

This is a server install.

Like Dave Liao likes this
Paul Stone July 31, 2020

1. Email submitting is enabled

2. - Setting -> Anyone can email the service desk or raise a request in the portal

Once again, it worked with the trial licensing.  I had to inactive the users in the to get the licensing to work.  There seems to be something with the unlicensed user setting somewhere in the Project / Jira connection.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2020

@Paul Stone - instead of inactivating a user, remove their application access so their user doesn't consume a license and incur a cost. (Via User Management, click into an inactivated user. Activate the user, but un-check any application access they might have had previously.)

Try that with an inactivated user, then have that user email the service desk. Let me know if that works!

FYI, to troubleshoot JSD emails, also check the Email Requests admin screen. There's an audit log there that might be helpful.

Like Paul Stone likes this
Paul Stone August 4, 2020

Thanks, Dave, that was it!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events