Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected response code: 403 while connecting to Zephyr Test case Importer Utility

Neetu Vaswani February 25, 2020

Using URL and entering an Username (e-mail) and password access to the project while connecting to Zephyr Test case Importer Utility

Entered Access Key and secret key copied from account API keys.

Click connect - Response is a popup message:

Error fetching : Unexpected response code: 403

Please look into the error

3 answers

2 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2020

Hey Neetu, welcome to the Community!

I'm not entirely familiar with the Zephyr Importer utility as it's managed by a marketplace vendor, Smartbear. It's possible to open a support case with them at https://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=zephyr

Reading your message I see that you mentioned an API key, but also a username/password combination. On the Jira Cloud side, we require API tokens to be used. I'm wondering if it's possible you put your email address / password combination for Jira into the Zephyr importer. If that's the case, you'll need to just replace your Jira password with an API token (the field will still say "password", but that's where you'd put the token in).

Details about how to use these with Atlassian Cloud are listed here. In short, you generate a new token from id.atlassian.com and use that in place of a password. The advantage to this is that you can have multiple tokens on your account (one per application) and they can be easily revoked!

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

1 vote
Sandeep Mathias March 5, 2020

Daniel Right.

I was facing this issue yesterday. Just generated the API Token and it went thru. Passwords wont work.

0 votes
Abhishek Mathur April 9, 2020

Try this:

Once you are on the utility importer tool, please provide your jira URL, Email id as User Name and API token as Password and also provide Access key and secret key fields with the ones that you have generated just before.

Regeneration of API Keys :

On the left hand side of Jira home page, click on Zephyr -> API keys -> click on delete button to delete existing API Keys(Access Key & Secret Key) -> click on generate new API Keys -> New Keys will get created.

Please make a note of both Access Key and Secret Key for future use.

Creation of API Token :

Please click on your profile and settings which is on the left hand side bottom -> Account Settings -> Security -> Check for API Token on the page -> Create and Manage API Token -> Create API Token -> please give name for label ->click on Create button -> API Token gets created. Please make a note of it.

Courtesy: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Zephyr-Importer-Utility-shows-error-message-unexpected-response/qaq-p/1329986

It works for me

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events