Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unclear how to set up Approvers in Service Desk Change Request

Sven Ludwig December 15, 2017

Hi,

I cannot figure out by consulting the documentation and using the UIs how to set up Approvers in a Service Desk project properly.

In order to be able to approve Change Requests anyways, I then modified the fields of a Change Request for the Change Request to be editable, namely I had to remove the Resolution Field from the Create/Edit form and I added the Approvers field.

In one case I was then actually able to successfully add an Approver to a Change Request (yay!), but today it did not work anymore and I cannot figure out why. The fields are still like I configured it, noone else in my company did configuration changes. Today I created a Change Request with an Approver in the Approvers field, but that Approver cannot approve the Change Request.

Please help.

Kind Regards

Sven Ludwig

1 answer

0 votes
Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2017

Hi Sven,

Here's a quick rundown of what you need to set up an approval:

1) Your issue needs to have a 'User Picker' type field to pick the approvers from. Make sure it's populated (manually or otherwise) BEFORE your issue enters the aprroval status.

2) Add and approval status (create a new one, or convert an existing one) to your workflow. Make sure this status has at least two outgoing transitions: one for when the issue has been approved and one for when the issue has been declined. Also, when configuring this status, make sure you select your 'User Picker' type field to pick approvers from.

3) Make sure that your potential approvers have access to this project.

4) Check that your 'Approval Required' customer notification is NOT disabled. Otherwise your approvers most likely won't even know that there are issues awaiting their approval.

More info on setting up approvals can be found in this documentation.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events