Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set up custom email id as the only recipient ID

Shashikant Shinde December 29, 2017

Unable to set up custom email id as the only recipient ID. Hence duplicate tickets are getting created everytime when members are mailing issues. 

Two id are currently configured are:

1) Cloud: jws@jetprivilege.atlassian.net

2) Custom: jpwebsupport@jetprivilege.com

2 answers

1 vote
Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2017

In JSD cloud every 'Service Desk' type project comes with a cloud email channel pre-configured that uses a default email address, which looks like 'projectKey@yourCompany.atlassian.net'. On top of that you can add a custom email channel that uses a different address. 

To remove an email channel (project default or custom) go to Administration -> Applications -> Email requests. There you'll find a list of all currently configured email channels across all your Service Desk projects. From that list you can delete any unwanted email channels.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2017

I think "remove the extra ones you set up" is what I was heading for, but struggling to get from the description.

That is a far more clear explanation than I would have got to!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2017

Where are you doing this?  It doesn't sound like anything in Jira, as that only expects one incoming email address, and it looks like you've set up two addresses for your mail system.

Shashikant Shinde December 29, 2017

I am doing this in JIRA Service Desk.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 29, 2017

You already said that, and it tells us nothing.

Where are you doing this?  How have you "set two addresses"?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events