Background and Apps
I am a global Jira, JSD & Confluence admin, we have a data center installation and are running Jira (7.13.0), Confluence (6.13.4), and Jira Service Desk (3.16.0). The application link between Jira and Confluence is active. The local connection for both Outgoing and Incoming is set to OAuth.
When trying to establish a knowledge base link through any JSD project to an existing Confluence we are receiving the following error, "There was a problem completing the current request"
From my research I found this error can be caused when a user does not have access to the Confluence Spaces. That is not the case here as I am a global admin and as such have access to all spaces. My assumption is I need to change the local authentication from OAuth to OAuth (impersonation). Additionally, we have SSO configured as well. Can someone confirm making the switch will resolve the error we are receiving? I am tempted to flip from OAuth to OAuth (impersonation), but I do not know the impact of the change. I do not have a Test environment to test on either.
you said you have SSO configured. Confluence Server does not doe SSO out of the Box. So you need to have some kind of 3rd Party Plugin (or you have Crowd which some people also count as SSO).
Could you share with us what / which plugin you use for SSO please. As your answer may be very dependant on that.
Full disclosure, I work for resolution a marketplace vendor & provider of the #1 SSO App.
Christian- I did not set it up but I'm quite sure we do not use a plugin for SSO. We only use Internal user database, no AD LDAP, Crowd syncs Jira users to Confluence. Believe we use SiteMinder for SSO. Again, my question remains, what happens when local authentication is changed from OAuth to OAuth (impersonation) and is that what needs to change in order to fix my issue?
@Cory Beck I'm sure this was resolved a year ago but in case anyone else runs into this issue here's what I did to resolve it.
As you suspected, switching local authentication from OAuth to OAuth (impersonation) did the trick but you have to do it on both sides - Jira AND Confluence. Just update the link for both. At first it looked like this:
However, after configuring both sides:
I was then able to connect the JSD project to its space.
Hope this helps someone.
Hi Atlassian Community! This is Teresa from the Atlassian team. My colleague Paul Buffington @Buff and I are excited to share a brand new ITSM resource we’ve created – "The Complete Guide to At...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event