Unable to invite user with current workplace email address

Jamie Marriage August 5, 2020

Hi folks, have a bit of a strange one I wondered if you could help with.

Our organisation has just picked up JIRA for service desk use and we're slowly onboarding people onto it. However with one user it's not accepting their primary SMTP, only an old secondary smtp that was set up years ago:

2020-08-06 08_39_24-ITHelpDesk - Customers - Service desk - Jira.png

This isn't a license issue as we've had plenty of others onboard since. 

The strangest part is they have been able to set up portal access using the old smtp which hasn't been used in years.

Wondered if you had any thoughts on this one?

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 6, 2020

Hello Jamie,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

When adding Customers to a project, they must be active or they can't have an account on the site.

Testing on my local site, I can see that this error happens when the customer is inactive. Here is the error on the console:

"This customer is inactive. You'll need to <a href=\"https://xxxxxxxxxx.atlassian.net/admin/jira-service-desk/portal-only-customers/view?username=qm:1a23b4ba-56ca-789c-10dd-e11be121e31a:e41eb51b-c617-1819-2d01-1222a32425c2\">activate their account</a> before you can invite them to the Service Desk."

With that said, please go to Cog Icon > User management > Jira Service Desk and, on this page, you can find the customer that you need to add to the project. Once you grant access, you will be able to add them to the project.

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 14.55.30.png

If they are not listed as a customer, then check if they are not an inactive user. For that, click on Users on the left sidebar and click on "Grant site access" for the desired account.

Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events