Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to find Users in @mention or user fields

Joshua Jackson August 2, 2017

I have an issue that has popped up where when you try to select a user via either an @ mention or when you try to select a user via a user field (like the reporter field) that the full list of users does not load and ultimately you are unable to select the user you are looking for

However, if you go to user management you are able to find the missing user. This issue is happening across a large number of users in the system and impacts every user (Admin and Non Admin). This issue happened after doing an update from Jira Service Desk 7.3.7 to version 7.4.2.

I checked the global permissions for browse user however it is currently set to allow anyone to browse users so I am not sure what else might be the issue

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

I was able to resolve the issue by restarting the server that had Jira installed on it. Once the server was restarted everything started working correctly

1 vote
josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2017

@mentions can only be made in comments to users that can see the project (browse projects permission).

@josh

So in this case, I checked and the users do have full access to the projects (In addition this happens with the Jira admin users as well).

I also tested by creating a new test project to see if it was only an issue with existing projects which did not have any impact

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 2, 2017

Hi Joshua,

You stated this happens to admins and non-admins.  You stated you could not select a user.  Be sure to review what Josh said about the Browse Project permissions and review the Mentions are not working in JIRA applications knowledge base article for more information.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events