Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create epic from Api with the jira account(digitamize.atlassian.net)??

Hari Gudladona November 29, 2017

Unable to create epic from Api

Hi 
I'm trying to create an epic in JIRA from python using create_issue method.  Method:

jira.create_issue(project=project_key, customfield_10005=epic_name,
issuetype={'name': "Epic"}, summary=epic_summary,
timetracking={'originalEstimate': originalEstimate
})

It is throwing the below error

Error:
[27/Nov/2017 07:39:58] ERROR [api.views:1227] JiraError HTTP 400 url: https://digitamize.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/issue
        text: gh.epic.error.not.found

response headers = {'Server': 'Atlassian Proxy/0.1.151', 'X-AREQUESTID': '974ff70f-4876-4a0d-ac07-b887b9a53235', 'Cache-Control': 'no-cache, no-store, no-transform', 'X-AUSERNAME': 'tborra', 'ATL-vTM-Backend-Time': '653', 'ATL-vTM-Time': '653', 'Content-Type': 'application/json;charset=UTF-8', 'transfer-encoding': 'chunked', 'X-Content-Type-Options': 'nosniff', 'X-Seraph-LoginReason': 'OK', 'Connection': 'close', 'ATL-vTM-Queue-Time': '0', 'Strict-Transport-Security': 'max-age=315360000; includeSubDomains; preload', 'Date': 'Mon, 27 Nov 2017 07:39:58 GMT'}
        response text = {"errorMessages":["gh.epic.error.not.found"],"errors":{}}
error JiraError HTTP 400 url: https://digitamize.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/issue
        text: gh.epic.error.not.found

response headers = {'Server': 'Atlassian Proxy/0.1.151', 'X-AREQUESTID': '974ff70f-4876-4a0d-ac07-b887b9a53235', 'Cache-Control': 'no-cache, no-store, no-transform', 'X-AUSERNAME': 'tborra', 'ATL-vTM-Backend-Time': '653', 'ATL-vTM-Time': '653', 'Content-Type': 'application/json;charset=UTF-8', 'transfer-encoding': 'chunked', 'X-Content-Type-Options': 'nosniff', 'X-Seraph-LoginReason': 'OK', 'Connection': 'close', 'ATL-vTM-Queue-Time': '0', 'Strict-Transport-Security': 'max-age=315360000; includeSubDomains; preload', 'Date': 'Mon, 27 Nov 2017 07:39:58 GMT'}
        response text = {"errorMessages":["gh.epic.error.not.found"],"errors":{}}

2 answers

1 vote
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 30, 2017

Hi Hari,

I am not certain of the exact cause here yet.  But I found a previous created Cloud bug ticket in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-13517

This case had the same error generated as yours.  However ultimately this was closed as not a bug.   In that case it was because the API call was trying to set an epic link in the epic issue itself, which is not something that is possible. 

I'm not certain that your API call is doing that exact same thing.   However I would want to check to make sure that the user involved is first a Jira Software user that can actually create an epic in that project.  If the user can do that, then the next steps to check would be to see if that user can create the an epic in that project with those exact same fields in the create screen.

In looking at your specific API call, I can see that you appear to be trying to set the timetracking estimate during the creation of that epic.  From looking at a standard issue creation screen in Jira, I don't see an option to set the estimation time on the create screen.  Perhaps try removing that field from the create and see if that allows this epic to be created.

Let me know the results.

Regards,
Andy

Hari Gudladona December 7, 2017

Hi Andy,

I removed  time tracking fields in the api call. But, it is still the same.

The create epic api call is working fine for other trail accounts.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2017

Might be worth asking this in https://community.developer.atlassian.com/ as well - they code external stuff a lot.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events