Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to assign manager in helpdesk ticket

Connor Moroney February 13, 2020

We have a jira service desk form set up for the creation of new employees.  In the form, our HR department is supposed to be able to assign who the manager is of the new employee by searching the manager's name in the box and clicking it from a dropdown menu.  This function works for our admins, but not for our HR employees.

Any suggestions.

I have attached a screenshot of what it looks like for IT, and a screenshot of what it looks like for normal employees.

Annotation 2020-02-13 111140.png

^^^^IT Employees

Annotation 2020-02-13 111330.png

^^^^Normal employees

1 answer

0 votes
Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2020

Hi @Connor Moroney 

What if the employee typed in the same few characters as what IT dept did? (e.g. cmoroney), what happens then? Does it show the full name and address? 

I only ask because your screenshot shows nothing for the random characters 'asdf' which is the first 4 keys on the middle row of a keyboard. What if they entered in a valid name or email address? 

-Mike 

Connor Moroney February 14, 2020

if they were to type in cmoroney, it would return nothing,  i just put in asdf because i didnt have another account free to me at the time to create the screenshot.

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2020

Hi @Connor Moroney 

The field Reports to: what type of field is it?

Can you give me some information on this field and can you confirm that all the possible  manager email addresses have been added to the field OR is the field a lookup field or a group field?  

Also your HR department users - Are they your customers on this form? Do they have licences to JIRA? 

-Mike

Connor Moroney February 18, 2020

@Mike Bowen It is a user picker field.  They are not licensed users for jira.  They are the customers.

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 18, 2020

Hi @Connor Moroney 

Okay I went created a single user picker field and added it to a form. When I create a request via customer portal and see that field, when clicked on it shows all the people who are added in the organisation folder an no one else. 

test customers 2.jpg
Have you created an organisation folder under Customer and added managers to it?

Only the manager for that organisation will be visible in the user picker field? 

test customers 1.jpg

-Mike

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events