Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to archive issues in Jira SD

David Thielheim January 7, 2020

Hi all,

last september Atlassian announced the availability of archiving older issues in Service Desk, a highly appreciated feature! But i'm unable to find it :-(

Does anybody have a hint for me?

Thanks, David

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2020

Hi @David Thielheim , 

this feature is only available in Jira Data Center as you can see in the documentation : https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/archiving-an-issue-968669980.html

So if you're using Jira Cloud, at the moment it's not possible to archive issues.

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

David Thielheim January 8, 2020

Hi Alexis,

thank you very much. Are there plans to make it available and when?

Thanks again, David

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2020

Hi @David Thielheim , 

there was a ticket opened regarding this feature : https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-5843

Basically, Atlassian said that they do not plan to implement it as most customers reason for issue archiving for performance improvement, and this is already adressed.

Did you have a particular use case to need archiving issues ? 

Hi Alexis,

as i understand this, i've to define special filters to to exclude all issues i've exported earlier to excel using using atlassians Jira - Excel Plugin. Otherwise i allways get all issues including the one which i've allready reported. Can i set an "exportet" oder "achived" value to that issues, on which i can apply the filter? I must be able to set this on Bulk basis.

Thanks, David

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 8, 2020

Is it not possible for you to filter these issues based on another criteria like the last updated date ?

In your case, you would probably need a custom field "issue exported" but it's an ugly solution to this problem ...

Like David Thielheim likes this

Yes, seems so. Thank you Alex. I'll take some more day may be i'll find a more elegant solution.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events