Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access JIRA Service Desk Project > Project Settings

FirstLine February 26, 2020

Good Morning,

My business is looking into moving our Service Desk over to JIRA Service Desk and a few of us have projects that involve looking into Automating daily tasks.

I have read the documentation on where to begin and it advises to access the Project Settings first.

I find the Project, click the 3 dots and click Project Settings and I am greeted with a page saying I need to be a Service Desk Agent to access this page.

My account has Org & Site admin rights as well as being a member of Jira-administrators and jira-servicedesk-users so does anybody know what additional access we need so I can feed back to the Project Manager on where to go? I am guessing there are further security settings within the project settings itself the Project Manager will need to provide however I don't have visibility to even offer suggestions to them.

Kind regards

Lee

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 27, 2020

Hello Lee,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

When an admin go to the project settings and it shows that some permission is missing, it means that the user was not added to the project.

Even having a license and administration permissions, if the person who created didn't add you to the project, it will show that you don't have access.

As an admin, you can add yourself but you need to be part of the group "administrators".

I was able to check the groups added to your profile and you are part of site-admins,  jira-servicedesk-users and jira-administrators, but you also need the "administrators" group.

Please, go to your profile, add this group and then go to the Project's page and try to access the settings again.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events