Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning Service Desk Requests into Jira Tickets

Rachel Grimmelmann April 21, 2015

In general, my company is having a very difficult time setting up JIRA.  Right now, we're trying to figure out how to integrate JIRA Service Desk with JIRA as seamlessly as possible.  We would like to use the following workflow:

1. Client reports issue using JIRA Service Desk
  2. Client Services reviews Service Desk Request and determines if it is a bug or a change request
  3. If the Service Desk Request is a change request, the Client Services person should be able to easily clone or move the ticket so that it can go through the normal development process.

How do we do this (step 3, specifically)?  I have read the documentation in Confluence and can't find anything that answers this.

Thank you.

2 answers

1 vote
Simon Kegel //SEIBERT/MEDIA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2015

Hey Rachel,

we did something similar but for this you need some plugins.

Requests come in over ServiceDesk, the first workflow step is to confirm or decline a request.
If it's confirmed we create an issue in the affected department-project (dev f.e.) with an automation.
There the issue will be resolved and the changes are synced back in the Service Desk.

Plugins which are needed for this

• Create on Transition for the automatic creation while confirming. 
  • Field Sync for synchronization of some or even all fields. 

So in ServiceDesk you accept and decline your customer requests and change status if you don't have some automation for this with Script Runner - Escalation Service f.e.
Only thing you should have an eye on while syncing - every comment synced back to a SD-Project is a respond to customer but you can restrict comment sync itself. 

Greets
Simon 

0 votes
kajtzu April 21, 2015

We actually have this same problem.

If I could choose - I'd like it to be similar to what stash has in Development Tools a button for create branch. Ideally in SD the agents and collaborators would have a button to choose the project and create an issue there.

As it is now - a developer (or the CSE) needs manually create another ticket and then reference the support one in that using links)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events