Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Turn off Service Desk Portal per Project

Hi.

I've got two SD projects, one for the Help Desk and the other for more Application Focused.  We're ready to go live with the end-user portal for the Help Desk, but not the App focused one.  I've dug around but I can't seem to find a place to simply turn off the end-user portal for just one project.  I'm fairly new, so apologies for the noob question.

- Michael

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi Michael,

Quick cheat....just hide all the request types for the one that you want hidden and/or Remove all the customers from the customer team on the one you want hidden.

Hope that helps

Susan

Well, of course you can hide them... duh!  <smiles>  Nice catch... Didn't even cross my mind.  Not perfect, but like you said, its a quick cheat.

Thanks!

:) solved my problem!

Hey it will Hide all the request type, but how about the project name that are already listed on the main portal, i want to hide them all and not to show to our clients. The client  should see only his portal service desk

Like # people like this

This answer should really not be accepted as it does not solve the problem.

This works for cloud, so i guess it would be the same for server.

If you want to delete a project, so that is cant been seen or actioned via the customer portal, then change the permission scheme, and this will delete the project visabilityfrom the portal, and the ability to raise tickets via the portal.

• go to permissions schemes, find the project you want to edit and click permissions.
  • You should then see a permission called "Browse Projects" click remove, this will give you the option to remove "Service Desk Customer - Portal Access".
  • Once done refresh your portal and like magic the project has gone.

hope it works for you like it did for us.

Thank you, it worked for me.

This is the answer that is perfect.

Like # people like this

Hello,

either they changed the way it worked but even though I removed the: "Service Desk Customer - Portal Access" as you said, it keeps showing it in the customer portal.

Any other idea?

Thanks

Like Eric Cross likes this

Removing the portal access Permission works only when we have One Live Project..

And In my case I have 2 live projects and I completely want to hide the presence of other project to Customer...

Is there any work around for this. @Daniel Westgate @Michael Gaskin 

If you remove everybody from the Service Desk Customer Role it should remove it from the portal.  They should only see the portals for Service Desk projects they have access to.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Asked in Jira Service Desk

Calling all Insight users, we need your help!

Hello Insight users,  As part of our (Mindville's) acquisition by Atlassian, our training team is looking to build some new Insight training materials. It would really helpful if you can ...

144 views 1 0
View question

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you