Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to get a specific process to work through

Lee Itson October 9, 2019

So I recieve some automated messages through my helpdesk email that I don't want to be on my SLAs.  Right now, I am manually making them into Tasks, since the Automation cannot change the Issue Type.

Is there a way to set an SLA that will only affect a specific request type?  Or is there a way to set multiple email channels that ServiceDesk can check so I can set different request types for those weird items?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2019

Hi Lee,

We have the same.  I made an automation rule that checks the type of reporter (in our case I can recognize those that are coming from the monitoring services (e.g. alerts) and then I edit the request type.  I also change the priority.

You can then change your SLA to exclude that request type.

Hope that helps as an idea.

Susan

Lee Itson October 9, 2019

I thought I tried that in my SLA and couldn't get it to work.  It lets me set it on Issue types but not on request types.  Am I missing something?

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2019

Hi Lee,

You can use your JQL ( "Customer Request Type" = <name of your request type>)

in the goal portion of the SLA.  Remember that you can have one issue but multiple request types for that issue type.

Hope that helps

Susan

Like Olga Videc likes this
Lee Itson October 11, 2019

That was it!!!  Thank you so much!

1 vote
Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 10, 2019

Hello @Lee Itson

You can't have multiple email addresses associated with one service desk, but you can create another service desk for those issues.

There is a problem with visibility the second SD will be visible, but you can limit access to it.

As Susan said you can restrict the SLA with JQL issue type if these notifications come for the same email addresses all the time.

You can create a group and add those email to this group

Then add this JQL to your goal part in SLA 

reporter not in (membersOf("Group name"))

BR, Olga

Lee Itson October 11, 2019

I see how that would work too.  Luckily it is a specific email so I got it worked out.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events