Trouble setting Google email as the address for email requests for Service Desk

Enrique Eder December 1, 2017

Hello,

I am getting the following error when I try to set a Google-hosted email address as the address to receive email requests on my Jira service desk:

Unfortunately JIRA couldn't connect to the mail server. Here is what the mail server said: "[ALERT] Please log in via your web browser: https://support.google.com/mail/accounts/answer/78754 (Failure)" Check out our troubleshooting docs for help resolving the issue.

The troubleshooting docs say that I need to create an application-specific password for Jira Service Desk because I have two-factor authentication, but that email account is not set up with two-factor authentication.

What could be the problem?

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2017

Hi Enrique,

Hopefully you've determined the issue by now, however, if you have not I ran into this exact same issue on Friday when setting up a test account and I was able to overcome it by allowing less secure apps on the Gmail side.  Take a look at the Google knowledge base article Let less secure apps use your account for the steps to resolve this.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events