Transitioning a ticket to one with an approver

Danielle Mather February 7, 2019

I created my different request types and one having an approver. This is working great. What I can't get to work is if an agent needs to change an issue from say service request to one that is service request with approval. The approver from that request type is not coming over and I can't add an approver from the ticket....any ideas?

1 answer

0 votes
Vasi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 14, 2019

Hey Danielle,

Here we meet again :)
I will try to help you out with this one.

So "approver" is actually a field in Jira issue, so we can try to workaround it by treating "approver" simply as a field. However, I just want to understand a bit more about how you would normally change request type:

Would you do it using "Move" option at the top right corner?

Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 5.21.44 pm.pngOr you are simply changing it using drop-down at issue view (clicking at "Bug" in this example above)?

Because it is possible to set "approver" field as "required" and in this case, if you are using first option with "move", then you will be asked in move wizard to provide approver when moving the issue.

If you are doing it using drop-down, then "required" approver field would work when later you try to click "edit" in issue and edit screen won't let you update a ticket unless you fill up all "required" fields (which includes "approver" as well).

So it would be good to understand how you are doing the change so that I could check if we have any options for that.

Regards,
Vasily

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events