Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transition issue if it's on the same status for certain period of time

Jarrod Mochnick October 15, 2017

Hi there, I had thought this was something pretty simple of out the box in Service Desk. Basically what we are trying to do is that if an issue is on the 'Resolved' status for 72h, it transitions to 'Closed' where it cannot be commented on and re-opened by a customer.

I swear I read how to do this and it was a simple automation step or part of the workflow. I guess I was wrong.

Is this possible without the need for the Automation for JIRA plugin?

1 answer

0 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2017

I have implemented a similar scenario recently.

We have an SLA defined "Time to reopen" (We call it Time to answer) which breaches in 72 hours

This SLA starts when the issue reaches Resolved Status and ends when it is closed.

We configured a service desk Automation .

When Time to reopen breaches , Transition issue to Closed.

However, user can still comment.

So you do not need Automation add-on , There is automation feature which comes with JSD

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2017

For disabling the comment , you can add workflow property on the Closed step of the workflow

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/workflow-properties-802592825.html

Jarrod Mochnick October 16, 2017

Thanks Mizan!

I do have one question though - if the user re-opens the ticket, does the SLA timer restart? I would think that each time the ticket enters the Resolved status, the user should have 72 hours again.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2017

yes. once it reaches the Resolved state again it will. simple test to prove it out.

Also - how did you set up the workflow property? Would it be jira.permission.add.comment=jira,administrators ?

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 16, 2017

I have not used the workflow properties . For us, it does not matter if the user comments. :D

Try jira.permission.comment=denied

no one should be able to comment now

Sorry Mizan, I misread your comments :)

I tried adding the property jira.permission.comment=denied, but it made the entire issue unviewable. Is there a way to just restrict comments to certain groups?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events