Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transition issue - Tickets not reopening

IT Manager September 8, 2019

Hello, 

I've read numerous posts on this topic but I can't seem to get to the bottom of my issue. I just can't get tickets to reopen when a user comment son them after they are marked as done or closed. I just get an unhelpful "ERROR" in the automation logs with the addition of "Transition issue: Reopened".

1. The transition exists

2. The transition runs as my admin account

3. The transition applies to the correct Issue Type

4. The workflow is not in a Draft state

Automation rules:

Comment added ->

Issue matches: Resolved, Closed, Done and comment is public ->

Transition issue: Reopened

Is there any way I can get a more detailed log of what is exactly failing? Any help would be super appreciated, this is driving me nuts. 

Thanks,

ITGuy

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2019

Have you confirmed you can manually reopen the issue in question? In #2 above do you mean the “automation runs...”?

Hi Jack, thanks for the quick response.

Yes, infact there is a button at the top of the ticket "Reopen issue" which takes the status to the "Reopened" status. Clicking the show workflow link next to this shows the correct workflow is being used.

Correct, sorry I meant the automation runs as. I have tried both options in this regard, giving all customers permission to run the automation.

Thanks again.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2019

So it seems that the automation is failing the transition. Here is something to try. See if you can take some action other than transition, e.g. alert a user. Just to see if it is failing the transition or any action.

Alert user worked, I get the green tick and a message.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2019

Well if the very same issue that you can manually transition succeeds on the automation alert yet fails on the automation transition and the automation is  running under your user ID then something is certainly amiss.

Agreed. I'll try deleting the lot and starting from scratch.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2019

Good plan. You might try some other trigger coupled with the transition. I’m intrigued.

Success! 

I added 'user belongs to group' check in the IF section of the automation and bingo.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2019

Excellent!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events