cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transition does not work in customer portal

H K
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2018

Hi there,

I have recieved feedback from two customers (different projects, same workflow, same permissions) that they are not able to use the transition "back to support" from status "waiting for customer" to "waiting for support".

As for what I know, other customers are able to use this transition.

What I have already checked:

• workflow is activated for the projects
  • transition is activated for customer portal
  • in the application the transition is executable by our agents
  • permission "transition issues" is granted to "Service Desk Customer - Portal Access"

So I am not sure where to find the problem... Maybe someone else finds it.

Please see also attached screenshots:

screen01.png

_________________________________screen02.png_____________________________________screen03.png______________________________________screen04.png_____________________________________

screen05.png

_____________________________________screen06.png______________________________________

Thank you in advance!

6 answers

1 vote
Tomáš Vrabec November 14, 2019

Founded! Atlassian solved this within this issue https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-6402stuck for few hours with them too. Just upgrade the JSD.

0 votes
Tomáš Vrabec November 14, 2019

Guys did you figure it out? Got very the same issue. 

User A is able to hit transitions.

User B which is very the same customer cannot do that.

Users are identical in point of config view, working with the same ticket. 

0 votes
Alexey_Omelchenko October 3, 2019

In some previous project we also had this issue, but couldn't resolve it(

Martin Müller October 3, 2019

did you read my solution? 

my problem was that "change author" has to be granted to the customer desk customer. 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2019

@Martin , it has been some time since I have engage on this. Let’s check some things for your specific situation.

1. can you confirm some customers can see and successfully execute?
  2. can you confirm some customers can see but not execute the transition?
  3. have you tried logging in as customer in 2 and tried transitions?
  4. look closely at the possible differences between customer in 1 and 2.

@H K , did you ever find the cause in your instance?

Martin Müller March 18, 2019

@Jack Brickey 

1. i cannot find any customer, who can do the transition

2. this is true

3. yes i did

I can do the transition in my backend but not on the customer portal. i tried it with several accounts. Its not working. 

H K
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2019

Hi there,

unfortunately I did not find the problem. One day it worked again and two weeks ago I recieved messages from two other customers, that it is not working.

Still not sure where the problem is. I once suspected that it might be related to a change in the issue type (and request type). But I'm not quite sure.
E.g. "Incident" (request type: "Bug") was changed to "Change Request" (request type: "New Feature"). Both issue types are based on the same workflow.

Martin Müller April 9, 2019

Autor ändern

Die Fähigkeit, den Autor beim Erstellen oder Bearbeiten eines Vorgangs ändern zu können.   -> Service desk-kunde - portalzugriff

This is needed (Change Author) to get the transition working in the customer portal. 

0 votes
H K
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2018

Any other ideas? I still have not found the problem yet.

@Jack Brickey, can you help? It seems like you always have an answer! :D

Thank's in advance and best regards
HK

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2018

@H K, ha I wish I always did! ;-)

I will have a look at this later today. Tied up on a number of things at the moment.

Martin Müller March 18, 2019

@Jack Brickey  

@H K 

we've got the same problem like u did last year. is there a solution?

0 votes
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 17, 2018

H K,

Issue is in the permission scheme as shown in the last attached image. As you can see, the indicators are in red. It clearly shows that the user needs JIRA service desk license and Agent permission in the project. Also, it shows that the user is not a member of any of the project roles. Please review.

Victor

H K
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 17, 2018

Yes, I can see that. But as a customer he should not get an agent license, that is NOT what we want!

The user is in the project role "Service Desk Customer" and the permission is granted to "Service desk customer - portal access". Therefore this permission should apply, right?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events