Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transition Error in automation

Robert Pichler July 20, 2017

Hello,

I have the following automation rule: When comment added.

But I get an Error when an internal user (Developer) comment the issue. How can I find the problem?

When I did the same - it works as expeceted.

The Rule should be done under my user (Admin Jira+Service Desk)

Thank you!

Regards,

Robert

grafik.png

2 answers

0 votes
Robert Pichler July 20, 2017

Thanks for your answer!

Arghh, it was a problem I faced already a year ago, but I forgot the solution.

Now I found it again:

Options settings . Go to Automation> Click Edit for the problematic Automation > At the right side , click Option . Make sure to tick , Run as project default setting

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2017

It looks like the external comments are working fine, but I'm guessing that the transition that you have chosen on the internal comment is not valid for that status/permission for the user to transition or something like that.  You see the little red Exclamation mark, that's where the error is I beleive.

IT Manager September 4, 2019

Super annoying all it says id "Error" and has a "!".

Is there any way to get what the error actually was?

Steve H April 8, 2020

I don't know how to find the error but it can be because the transition you've selected isn't the same as the one on the workflow. In my case all my workflows used a transition called "Customer Has Responded" except one workflow which it was called "Customer Responded" meaning only one issuetype gave errors. It sounds like it may also happen if the user doesn't have permissions to execute the transition or if the transition you've selected isn't available from the status that the ticket is in.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events