Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transition Close->Reopened, Resolution Fixed->Unresolved

Thierry Molina June 16, 2014

Hello,

in the default JIRA Workflow, when we are in the Closed status with Resolution field to "fixed", then click "Reopen", the Resolution field is automatically back to "Unresolved".

I downloaded the "It Service Desk Workflow (itil)" and when the Issue is "Closed" and "Fixed", and then we reopen it, the Resolution field remains to "Fixed".

When I edited the "Reopen" transition I didn't find any clue about that, and neither in the step "Reopened" (because I saw the post-condition "Set issue status to the linked status of the destination workflow step. " in the "Reopen" transition).

Where can I configure to automatically set the Resolution field to a particular status during a transition please?

Thank you very much! :)

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Vijay Khacharia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2014

Hi,

You can use Post-Functions to do that.

There is a post function to Update Issue Field on transition. While setting it up you are given option on which field to set and what value for the field to be set.

Vijay

1 vote
Thierry Molina June 17, 2014

Hi Vijay,

you are perfectly right, but I was disturbed because the rule "The Resolution of the issue will be cleared. " into the Reopen transition of the Default JIRA Workflow is at the beggining, and THEN others functions are applied.

And I didn't know how to make the same thing but I follow your advice. I added a function, select "Update Issue Field", click "Add", select into the combobox Issue field "Resolution", select into the combobox Field Value "None" (I was surprised to not find the status"Unresolved"), and then click "Add" and that gives exactly the same rule, and it put in the beggining of the transition processus, like the Reopen transition of the Default JIRA Workflow.

So thank you very much!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events