Transition Automation when a comment is added in JDS

Lindsay Edwards December 11, 2017

I am having trouble getting my transition automations to work and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I need issues to transition from Waiting on Customer to Assigned to Agent when a comment is added by a request participant. I am using Jira Service Desk 3.8.1   

Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 2.34.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 2.35.13 PM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2017

Hi Lindsay, 

You can notice there's a red exclamation mark icon near your transition. If you hover over it, it should give you an idea what's wrong with your rule.

If I were to take a guess, I'd say the problem is that the user from whose name this rule is run does not have the permission to use that transition.

Lindsay Edwards December 11, 2017

I tried hovering over it but nothing came up. Maybe I need to be using something else and not this tool for this transition?

Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2017

Ok, like I said, If I were to venture a guess I'd say that the problem might be that the user your rule is run as might not have permission to use that very transition or transition issues in general. 

Can you check which user this rule is configured to run as and then check that this user has sufficient permissions to use that transition?

Also while you are at it, make sure this transition actually does lead from and to the right statuses. 

If that doesn't help, check the transition itself for having any screens, conditions or validators that might prevent it from completing automatically.

Lindsay Edwards December 14, 2017

I have 2 transition properties could that be what's blocking it?These were not created by me, this project was created by a third part that me company hired.

sd.workflow.itsupport.v2.transition.respond.to.support.title

sd.workflow.itsupport.v2.transition.respond.to.support.submit

Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 14, 2017

Yeah, try removing those and see if that helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events