Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tralslation for requests type

Olivier Maillols December 4, 2017

Hi,

When it will be possible to translate issue types and fields on a customer portal -  jira service desk SERVER?

For CLOUD there is a feature called "Language support" where this is partially possible.

Thanks! :)

Regards,

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2017

Hi Olivier,

In Server, one option is an add-on called Translation for JIRA Service Desk.  In addition, there is a knowledge base article titled JIRA Service Desk Internationalization that can provide assistance with manual changes to the language in Service Desk:

IRA Service Desk allows for custom internationalization and localization text through the modification of the a properties file contained inside the plugin's JAR file.

• This allows you to change text that appears in Service Desk including:
    • Field names
    • Help messages
    • Link buttons
    • Notifications / Emails to customers and participants (NOT agent notifications)
  • Inside of the plugin JAR file, modify sd-i18n.properties

(warning) The following is just one of the i18n files. There are multiple i18n files inside of the JIRA Service Desk .obr file.

Version 2.5.9 and older:

• /jira-servicedesk-X.X.X.obr/jira-servicedesk-X.X.X.jar/i18n/sd-i18n.properties

Version 3.0.0 and newer:

• /jira-servicedesk-application-X.X.X.obr/dependencies/jira-servicedesk-X.X.X.jar/i18n/sd-i18n.properties   

You will need to update this file each time you install a new version of JIRA Service Desk

Take a look at JIRA Service Desk Internationalization for more instructions and the steps to make the changes referred to above.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events