Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Time to first response not stopping

I have checked previous requests, I cannot find an answer.

The Time to first response timer does not stop. I have it configured as default, it was working fine during the testing phase, however now it has simply stopped functioning as expected. 

Start

Begin counting time when

Issue Created

Pause on (Optional)

Time is not counted during

Stop

Finish counting time when

Comment: For CustomersEntered Status: Done

Is there something I am missing? The calls are logged by customers, and answered to by service-desk users.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Mark,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!
The SLA configuration seems correct and the SLA should stop if the comment from an agent is public.
Is it happening on all the tickets?
Is it happening on other service desk project?
Was there any change on the SLA?
If when adding a comment for customer, the status also changes, can you please add on "Stop" the "Entered status: Waiting for customer" and check if it will stop?

Regards,
Angélica

Hi Angelica

It is happening on all tickets yes. I only have the one project so I am unable to test an alternate one. 

There have been no changes made to the SLA, it was functioning as expected last week.

I have added the Entered status: Waiting for customer", no luck the SLA still ticks away. :/

If an agent is commenting on the issue, the SLA should stop. It won't work, for example, if a customer comments because then it would be "Comment: By customer".
A customer on a ticket can be the reporter, participant and also part of an organization.
I'm giving you this explanation because there are cases where an agent is added to an organization and when this agent is the assignee of the ticket, even if they have a license and a role to work on the ticket, Jira will recognize them as customers.
Please, check on the project if there is an organization and confirm if the agents are not part of an organization.
Make sure that they are not also a participant on the ticket.

Removing the agents from the organisation has resolved this issue!

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Hi, 

We have the same issue - Time to first response not stopping when Reporter and assignee are one and the same person, when reporter and assignee are within one and the same organisation (for all our internal tickets). Is there any other solution for this, because we need to keep agents within the organisation.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Asked in Jira Service Desk

Calling all Insight users, we need your help!

Hello Insight users,  As part of our (Mindville's) acquisition by Atlassian, our training team is looking to build some new Insight training materials. It would really helpful if you can ...

96 views 1 0
View question

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you