Ticket key increasing too quicky

Michael Jones June 8, 2018

Our ticket key seems to be increasing way more than possible... we have a total of 190 so far, and it's already up in the 500s... why would this be happening?

ticket-numbers.PNG

3 answers

0 votes
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2018

Hi @Michael Jones,

maybe it is the problem described here (Issue with encoding)

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/issue-key-increasing-randomly-317196053.html

0 votes

Oops, reply was intended.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2018

can you verify if there is some sequence skipping going on? can you use the following filter to check...

project = HLPD

and then sort by the issue key. are there sequence gaps? Maybe that is what you are displaying above?

We'd already verified sanity first before coming to the community. :)  While I considered the thought that my helpdesk was trucking along, I had already done that (that's where the 190# came from).  It was #190 then.

Now, since then, 2 new tickets have come in, and we're at HLPD-641.

***I didn't mean to suggest my response as an answer earlier.  It's Friday before vacation, and grabbing a beer with the guys became a necessity.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 8, 2018

Well if the tickets don't actually exist then something is certainly off and I would recommend you reaching out to Atlassian Support. I have never seen this occur and suspect some odd bug or an issue w/ a plugin such as an automation plugin.

beer sounds good. i think i'll join you. :-)

Interestingly, I haven't found how to even request support from them.  There's links to KBs, and when you want to ask a question, it brings me straight to the Ask the Community.

Oh well, I will leave this open for now, but when I return from vacation in 2 weeks, I will find a way to reach out to them.

Cheers, enjoy your Friday beer!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events