Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket/Issue assignments not showing up in list/filter

Curtis Litchfield October 30, 2017

This is affecting my entire team.

the "Assigned to me" category shows 0, but I know I have about 10 in there.  I can confirm they are still assigned to me because I can find the tickets under the "all open" category with my name as the Assignee.

If I go directly the Jira home page and click Issues > My Issues. they will appear. but not within the actual project page.

This has been happening since Thursday.

any idea what is going on?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

One of the admin's changed the filter in that queue when he was working on something last week.  He just fixed it.  The problem was user error.

Ooops!

Thanks for the help!

0 votes
Brian Jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2017

Could be a couple of things that you can check real quick.

1. Is there a resolution set for these issues? If there IS one set (IE, its not "unresolved") that could be the reason they are not showing up.

2. Might be an indexing issue, you could try re-indexing just the projects affected, or the entire instance. This could take a while depending on the size of your JIRA instance, so be careful

Hope that helps narrow things down for you.

I'm pretty new to the team.  Where I have about 10 tickets in progress, my colleagues have around 200.  My "assigned to me" queue shows 0 tickets even though that's wrong. But theirs each shows a couple dozen at least,  I'll ask them for an example of one that shows up and one that doesn't,  Maybe I can see what the difference is between them.

I'm assuming a resolution set is something that only an admin could look at?  If I'm just an agent, I'm assuming I wont be able to view it. Yes?

Brian Jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2017

Typically, when an issue is "closed" a resolution is set. So anyone that can edit an issue can set a resolution on it. 

If you are new to the team this could come down to a permissions or indexing issue as well. 

Also, Make sure you dont have multiple user accounts. I have seen occasions where someone might have 2 user accounts and people are assigning things to the wrong one.

I'm pretty sure it's not a multiple user accounts thing. This was all working properly before Thursday, overnight it just changed.  That includes our team leaders account, who has admin permissions for the project.

I am submitting a bug ticket to Atlassian, I'll see what they say.  There doesn't seem to be anything on their status page that would indicate why this is happening.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events