Ticket Assignment to Service Desk Groups

Jan Schütte January 31, 2018

How can I set a ticket to be assigned to a specific group of agents? For example, if a customer on the site chooses "hardware" as a problem,
that ticket should go directly to an agent group of hardware employees.
These employees should also only see these hardware problem tickets. Where can i customize that?

Thank you

8 answers

1 vote
Milo Grika March 19, 2020

There is a new automation coming called Automation for Jira. It goes well beyond the current automation. You can raise a support ticket and have them install the beta for you.

With it, you would create a trigger whereby when a certain field is set to Hardware (for me, it was the Networking group), then an email to a list of folks would go out.

Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 4.20.55 PM.png

You can even customize the email so the recipients know that a ticket was just assigned to Hardware (or was created and assigned so).

Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 4.21.19 PM.png

0 votes
Ansari_ Amir February 17, 2024

I found a solution, please go to this link. Thank me later :)

Solved: Can Automation set the Team field when an issue is... (atlassian.com)

0 votes
White Software March 19, 2020

Hi @Jan Schütte 

For your assigning issue, we would like to suggest you our Groupee Group Assignee plugin. If you have further questions, we'll be happy to answer them.

Regards,

Omer

0 votes
Jan Schütte February 2, 2018

Many Thanks. So it is already very good =).
However, I still have the question: Can I set, that then only the agent sees this ticket?
Does not mean other agents from the software area example can not see this ticket unless the agent releases it for others?

Thanks!

0 votes
Jan Schütte February 1, 2018

Thank you for the answers. :)

Where and how can I adjust, that if a user clicks on "hardware problem" automatically an appropriate agent is registered?
Has the ulterior motive that someone else is responsible for hardware, as for software. For software, another agenda should be entered automatically.
Of course, this should only happen if the ticket is created via the user portal.

H K
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2018

As @Krisztian Kovacs mentioned above, you can use the components with default assignee. You can find these in the project settings under components. Create a new component (e.g. hardware problem) and set your appropriate agent as project lead and in the drop down for the default assignee choose the component lead.

You can replicate that with every component you need and set different component leads and default assignees for each one.

0 votes
H K
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2018

Hi,

we solved this by creating composite users with mailing lists as email adress. That might be the easiest way.. but remember that every composite user might also need an agent license.

Best regards.

0 votes
Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 1, 2018

Hi Jan,

An issue cannot be assigned to a group of users by design. Only a single user can be an issue assignee at any given time.

That said, I suppose that with some scripting (using addons like ScriptRunner or JMWE) you can automatically set an assignee conditionally or randomly from a specific user group.

You can also set up your dashboard to display all issues currently assigned to members of a specific group or groups so that your agents can monitor them more easily.

0 votes
Krisztian Kovacs
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 1, 2018

Hi there,

Jira can't assign an issue to a group, but you can use Components.

A component can have a component lead and a default assignee and you can create notifications based on components that go out to multiple people (a group for instance).

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/organizing-work-with-components-764478279.html

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/managing-components-802592503.html

Let me know if that makes sense.

Cheers,
Krisz

Milo Grika February 26, 2020

Okay, I've figured out the Component piece, but I don't see how to do the "create notifications based on components" piece.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events