Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

The right to view watchers and voters does not work for customer portal!

I have tried to exclude the watchers for the customers, but somehow they are still visible for the customers.

2 answers

0 votes

Hi @Hielke Rijpstra so your issue is the customer see or don't see watchers? My past experience shows they shouldn't be able to view watchers or votes as they are part of Jira Software license, visible to in-org users, while customers can see "recipients" as part of Jira Service Desk license. 

@Peter B _Taboola_ The customers can see the other watchers! 

I have tested it with a view customers, and all of them can see other watchers and organisations. 

Even though rights for followers are only for the project roles (administrator and the team).

Can you share a screenshot? 

@Peter B _Taboola_ see screenshot. The customer can still see other watchers

I wanted to see the screenshot of the customer portal. To understand how they see watchers and votes in the interface. Thanks 

Shared with JIRA.pngIt's about the "Shared With", that is the part we do not want to show to our customers.

@Hielke Rijpstra the Share With is not the same as Jira Watchers. 

Jira Service Desk allows added what was referred to in the past as Participants and it allows agents and customer to add customers there.

Customers can't add "watchers" from your internal org. 

Why would you want to prevent customers to add their fellow customers to a request? 

We do not want to let other customers know, what other customers are also linked with the issue. 

How can I switch off the shared with? @Peter B _Taboola_ 

@Peter B _Taboola_ 

We want to turn off the shared with for customers. How can we do this?

Hope to hear soon from you!

2019-05-22 17_18_03-Edit Permissions - Jira Service Desk.pngThis is how our rights are at the moment @Peter B _Taboola_ 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Desk

The Complete Guide to Atlassian for ITSM

Hi Atlassian Community! This is Teresa from the Atlassian team. My colleague Paul Buffington @Buff and I are excited to share a brand new ITSM resource we’ve created – "The Complete Guide to At...

2,259 views 14 22
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you