The right to view watchers and voters does not work for customer portal!

Hielke Rijpstra May 20, 2019

I have tried to exclude the watchers for the customers, but somehow they are still visible for the customers.

2 answers

0 votes
Hielke Rijpstra May 22, 2019

2019-05-22 17_18_03-Edit Permissions - Jira Service Desk.pngThis is how our rights are at the moment @Peter Bengov 

0 votes
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2019

Hi @Hielke Rijpstra so your issue is the customer see or don't see watchers? My past experience shows they shouldn't be able to view watchers or votes as they are part of Jira Software license, visible to in-org users, while customers can see "recipients" as part of Jira Service Desk license. 

@Peter Bengov The customers can see the other watchers! 

I have tested it with a view customers, and all of them can see other watchers and organisations. 

Even though rights for followers are only for the project roles (administrator and the team).

Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2019

Can you share a screenshot? 

@Peter Bengov see screenshot. The customer can still see other watchers

Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 26, 2019

I wanted to see the screenshot of the customer portal. To understand how they see watchers and votes in the interface. Thanks 

Hielke Rijpstra May 26, 2019

Shared with JIRA.pngIt's about the "Shared With", that is the part we do not want to show to our customers.

Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 29, 2019

@Hielke Rijpstra the Share With is not the same as Jira Watchers. 

Jira Service Desk allows added what was referred to in the past as Participants and it allows agents and customer to add customers there.

Customers can't add "watchers" from your internal org. 

Why would you want to prevent customers to add their fellow customers to a request? 

Hielke Rijpstra May 29, 2019

We do not want to let other customers know, what other customers are also linked with the issue. 

How can I switch off the shared with? @Peter Bengov 

Hielke Rijpstra June 7, 2019

@Peter Bengov 

We want to turn off the shared with for customers. How can we do this?

Hope to hear soon from you!

Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 11, 2019

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events