Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The number of the "closed requests" in the "customers list" is wrong.

info info August 4, 2017

The used filter counts issues with "NOT resolution = Unresolved" resolutions, but also issues with "resolution = Not Started" are counted.
83/5000
I do not see the possibility of changing the count: the filter is hidden at the admin.

thank you

Luca Bellomi

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2017

Erm

You say:  The used filter counts issues with "NOT resolution = Unresolved" resolutions, but also issues with "resolution = Not Started" are counted.

Yes.  The issues that have "resolution = Not Started" ARE resolved.  You've told JIRA they are resolved.

Luca Bellomi August 7, 2017

I do not understand .. "resolution = not started" is not "resolved" and in the administrative area "Issue Attributes -> Resolutions" this setting is not possible

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2017

Yes it is.

Let me put it this way.  When you created the "not started" resolution, how did you tell JIRA that this resolution is not a resolution?

Answer is that you did not.  Because it is a resolution.

When you set the resolution field on an issue to anything, the issue is resolved.  It doesn't matter if you use the words "not resolved", "unresolved", "not done", "not started", or for that matter "penguin" or "arglefloop".  You have put something in the field, so the issue is resolved.

info info August 7, 2017

Okay but I do not see where I could tell Jira that resolution is not resolved

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 7, 2017

That is the point.  You don't.

If you set any resolution, you are telling JIRA the issue is resolved.  The text you put in there is irrelevant.  You need to leave the field empty on unresolved issues. 

Your "not started" is a resolution, so the issues with it are resolved.

info info August 7, 2017

Ok, now i understand!.. Thanks a lot for your help

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 4, 2017

Hi Luca,

That's really strange.  I looked at our service desk and the jql on the closed issues comes up as this:

reporter in organizationMembers("Test User Group") AND NOT resolution = Unresolved AND project = SUPTEST AND "Customer Request Type" is not EMPTY

What does yours look like?

Susan

0 votes
Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2017

Hey sounds like a bug, are you using JIRA Server or Cloud? In any case, contacting the Atlassian Support seems most appropriate here as you can't change the query in the JIRA UI.

Cheers

Christoph

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events