Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The mail settings you entered were not valid. Error thrown was: com.sun.mail.util.MailConnectExcepti

Manish Sharma November 15, 2017

Hi

No emails are getting triggered post build run. I tried entering my mail id under Mail server and go below error:

The mail settings you entered were not valid. Error thrown was: com.sun.mail.util.MailConnectException: Couldn't connect to host, port: smtp.office365.com, 587; timeout 20000; nested exception is: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out

Do let me know if I need to send other logs. Pls suggest.

Thanks

Manish

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Maurice
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2017

Hi Manish,

You'll want to ensure that your Jira server is able to reach smtp.office365.com. The error indicates a likely network problem, perhaps a firewall is blocking the traffic? Are you using any type of proxy in your environment?

You might try using a tool like telnet smtp.office365.com 587 to see if you are able to get a connection from your Jira server to office365.

Best regards,
Brian

Manish Sharma November 21, 2017

Hi Brian

yes you are correct , I opened up this port and was able to get the emails working. Thanks for your suggestion.

Thanks

Manish

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events