The customer portal search is not showing all issue types or status types.

Guy Bieber October 3, 2019

We have three request types (feature, bug, support):

Service Desk Landing Page.png

Which logically matches our request type configuration:

Requests.pngHowever on the requests search page does not show all three types (missing suggest improvement):

Request Search Types.png

And even though our workflow has the following states:

Workflow.pngThe service desk search only shows two states (open and closed):

Request_Search_Status.png

What is worse, the open state shows rejected items also:request search open shows rejected.png

Right now this is a terrible experience for my customer:

1. They can't see feature requests

2. The open list constantly reminds them of all the defects we rejected. 

3. They can't filter by the states of our service requests.

How do I get the service desk to map to the request types and states we have internally (which should really be the default)?

1 answer

0 votes
Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2019

Hi Guy, 

I'm going to try and answers your 3 questions: 

1) The "feature requests" are not visible for your users: I'm assuming the logged in user doesn't have any feature requests to look at. The list shows only the "available" options, because the list would be really big otherwise with a lot of types having no issues in bigger environments. Can you confirm that that particular user your are viewing does have open or closed feature requests and they really aren't shown? 

2) the Open and closed are basically filters in JIRA between unresolved and resolved tickets. For Jira, a ticket is closed when it has a resolution. I'm assuming the resolved tickets which are still shown in "Open" are still unresolved. You could and should add validators on transitions closing tickets, that a resolution is required. 

3) The users can indeed not filter by status, but when your closed tickets are gone from there, that hopefully won't be such a problem anymore. 

Hoping this helps, 

Tessa

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events