Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The customer is not receiving comment notifications

Adam Daigneau October 16, 2019

HI Everyone,

Hoping to get some guidance on a situation we are running into. We have been using Jira Service desk for a few months now and everything has been working as expected. One thing that has been noticed is that customers are not getting comment notifications. 

Here is what I have checked:

• Customer Notification's is setup to send notifications when a comment is added
  • Notification Scheme is also setup to send notification when a comment is added
    • setup to send to All Watchers, Current Assignee, and Reporter
  • I've checked Notification Helper - says the person should receive a notification

Here is the interesting piece. As an Admin, I went in and added a comment to the ticket then the customer gets a notification. This seems to be a problem only when the assignee adds a comment to the ticket. Thoughts?

1 answer

0 votes
Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2019

Hi @Adam Daigneau ,

Some things to check are:

• Does it happen to several customers? All of them?
  • Does the customer receive an email upon request creation?
  • Did the customer click on "Don't notify me"?

Screenshot 2019-10-17 at 10.59.51.png

Hope this helps,

- Manon

Adam Daigneau October 17, 2019

@Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_ 

• Seems to be happening across the board
  • Yes - customer does receive an email upon request creation
  • No the customer did not click on "Don't notify me" - They do get responses when I add a comment but I am not a part of the ticket. 
Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 23, 2019

Hi @Adam Daigneau ,

I'm sorry my notifications are broken and I didn't see your reply. Did you fix the issue? If not, did you make several tests like:

• Add a comment as the assignee
  • Add a comment as an agent that is not the assignee
  • Add a comment as the project admin

If customers receive notifications only for some of these comments, then it looks like a bug and you should raise a support request to Atlassian.

- Manon

Adam Daigneau October 27, 2019

Thanks @Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_ 

I will need to open a support request. Appreciate the assistance.

Kai February 28, 2020

Hi @Adam Daigneau ,

did got a feedback within your support request? We've near the same problem and will be happy for every possible solution.

Otherwise i also raise a support request, too.

regards,

Kai

Adam Daigneau February 29, 2020

@Kai 

We worked with support and after looking at the the logs it seemed to be a problem with our mail server setup (Not Jira). Once to changed some of the rules we got it to work.

Thanks,

Adam

cfranke December 28, 2020

@Adam Daigneau I am having the exact same problem.  Luckily this is not in production yet, but in testing, no comment notifications are working.  Can you share what kinds of rules you changed to resolve the issue?  I'd like to pass the info along to our Exchange admin.  Thanks! Carla

Alexander Westergård March 25, 2021

Hi @Adam Daigneau

We seem to have similar issues, could you please explain the changes you have made in the rules section. 

Best regards, Alexander

cfranke March 25, 2021

Our one user with the issue was not set up with the correct role, so she is now all set.

Alexander Westergård March 25, 2021

So you did not have the issues with a Customer?

cfranke March 25, 2021

Our issue was with an agent.  Did you check the customer notification scheme?  The customer's junk mail?  The customer's notification preferences for Jira?  All of those will affect the notifications.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events