Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tagging an Issue in Next-gen with an organization

John Parker November 6, 2019

I am currently evaluating the Charts and Reports add-on for Jira Service Desk.  They tell me that in order to see the data through the portal I need to tag my issues with an organization.  I have created an organization within Service Desk, but I do not see any way of tagging an issue.  I have read the instructions on the Set up issue types in next-gen projects page, but there is nothing listed there on how to "tag" an issue with an organization (as a side note, nothing on that page is how the issues setup looks in my project).

Long story short, can someone explain how to tag an issue with an organization in a next-gen project?

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 8, 2019

Hello John,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

The field Organization is usually added by default to Service Desk requests. This field will show on the right side next to the Request participant field:

Screenshot 2019-11-08_15-31-42-671.png

If the field is not showing, then you need to go to Project Settings > Request types to check if the field was added in the form.

The documentation you added is for Jira Software next-gen, that’s why it does not mention the organizations’ field.

Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events