Tag/mention another customer from the same Organisation in Jira service desk CLOUD

Sufian Rashid October 31, 2018

Hi,

We have multiple customers A, B, C set up as Organization X in Jira service desk CLOUD. When Customer A raises a request in the Portal, we can tag/mention him in the comments. However, we want to also tag Customer B,C in the comments, as they are from the same Organization.

Another interesting fact is that if any customer from org X leaves a comment on ticket; then agent can tag him moving froward from there.

And even if agent adds someone in 'Request participants'; still they cannot tag him in comments.

Another ticket had the same issue and got resolved by giving 'Browse user' permission but that ticket is not related to service desk CLOUD; moreover all of my browse permissions are setup correctly as shown in screenshot below.

Browse users and groups.PNG

Let me know how to tag/mention customers from same organization in JIRA service desk cloud?

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 2, 2018

Hi Sufian,

This issue that you are facing is actually an expected behaviour.
For you to be able to mention a customer belonging to the same organization, they must be active in the ticket, this means that if the customer B add a comment, you will be able to mention him, so it's not related to permissions.
We have a feature request suggesting the implementation of the ability to mention any customer:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-1476
A workaround is to manually mention them using markup, please check the details in the feature and also click on vote and watch to receive updates.

Regards,
Angélica

Deleted user June 24, 2019

Hi @Angélica Luz ,

Here is a slightly more nuanced description. Customers A, B, C are in an organization X. One of them creates the ticket and chooses the option to Share with the organization. In that case, is it possible to @mention the organization itself? Alternatively, is there markup that can be used for organizations rather than individual users? Or does everyone in the organization receive the notification anyway if the comment is made on a shared ticket?

Best Regards

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2019

Hi Ashraf,

Currently, it's not possible to mention organization and also we don't have a feature request suggesting this.
When a ticket is shared with the organization, the members of the organization will receive a notification informing that the organization was added, but in this case, they will have to open the ticket and click to watch to receive future updates.

Screenshot 2019-06-26_11-10-13.png

If they subscribe to receive the notifications, they will receive the same notifications the reporter receives.

Regards,
Angélica

Deleted user June 26, 2019

Hi @Angélica Luz ,

Thanks for the clarification. I have created a request:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-8228

Regards,

Ashraf

Deleted user December 17, 2019

@Angélica Luz Hello, when you say using markup do you mean the markup used in Confluence? because I dont seems to see a way to tag people in that way you mentioned?

I have tried [~NameOfUser], [~email@user.com] without success

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
December 23, 2019

Hi @[deleted]

The workaround is specific for Jira when using the old issue view where the editor is wiki markup.

Regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Eric Rieble July 29, 2022

Hi everyone,
I managed to work around this problem by using a project local rule in "Automation".
To be able to tag/mention the customer, I set up a rule that automatically inserts the participants in the "Request participants" field.

NoTitel.jpg

In my case I have only 6 customers on this project for which the tag/mention is used.

I hope this will help you.
Sincerely
Eric

RSavage_stellarindustrial_com July 18, 2023

Hi Eric, thank you for this information.  Could you give me the exact steps?  Where do I put the tag/mention in this rule>  Thank you.

@Angelica Luz mentioned "For you to be able to mention a customer belonging to the same organization, they must be active in the ticket, this means that if the customer B add a comment, you will be able to mention him, so it's not related to permissions."

I had noticed that this is true: "they must be active in the ticket,"  - what are the technical details behind this working i.e. why is it that if a Request Participant adds a Comment then they can be mentioned?

0 votes
Sufian Rashid November 16, 2018

If anyone else faces the same issue and comes to this ticket, then please note there are two workarounds for this:

1. Have the participant i.e. any customer in that organization make a comment, and they will be mention-able after that.

2. Add them manually using below markup in bold and Service Desk will notify them as if you had used the normal @mention method.

So you will write something like:  

“Hello [~serviceDeskCustomer@email.com] can you please provide more details?”

Hoa Nguyenthi November 13, 2019

[~serviceDeskCustomer@email.com] does not work

Susheela Kushwaha October 13, 2020

Please try [~username]. That should work.

Jago Peeters October 15, 2020

I'm having the same issue. I want to @mention another customer within the same organization.

Also trying this workaround but [~emailaddress] does not work. @Susheela Kushwaha is requesting to use username instead but does a customer have a username?
I only see name and email address. Where can I find their username? 

Susheela Kushwaha October 15, 2020

Hi Jago,

Username can be seen from the Jira internal view. There are two ways that I know of to find the customer's username:

1. Hover over the customer's name or image and click on the customer's name link. It should take you to the user profile page where you can find the customer's username.

2. The other ways is the side left panel within the project. The panel has the option to view customers within the project. Click on the customers option from the panel and then click on the customer's name. Once customer name is clicked, it opens up the User profile window where the username is mentioned.

Jago Peeters October 20, 2020

Hi @Susheela Kushwaha - Thanks for your feedback.

The 2 ways you mentioned both take you to the profile window but since they are only customer portal users, they don't seem to have a user profile.

I get this message:

Looks like we’re off the beaten track

We landed here for a user that does not exist.
Head back to the directory to search for another user.

Any idea?

Jason Denison December 22, 2020

I am having the same issue. Everyone else can tag people in a ticket comment etc but I can't. I can tag people in the same org on JIRA tickets but not Service Desk Tickets. So frustrating

pawel.jagodzinski@ingrammicro.com January 26, 2021

I got the same problem since half year, any one isn't able to fix it. 

Nika Allahverdi June 28, 2023

Are you tagging Customers who have not submitted that ticket?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events