Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tabs for JIRA Service Desk issue creation

Heily Hindrea August 16, 2015

We have created a custom screen with context specific tabs in order to make creation of the ticket more easier to the user when they are creating tickets through JIRA.

But we are also using Service Desk and we want to make the same request available through Service Desk. But in JIRA Service Desk we can't create tabs or other visual grouping for fields in order to make the create issue form more pleasing to fill out for the user.

I tried to play around with the Custom Field 'Message Custom Field', but this also did not work - JIRA Service Desk interprets the Message field as input field ... which does not make sense at all, because it should just show the default value that is set without any input possibility.

Does someone have an creative idea how to achieve tabs or visual separations for different field groups on the JIRA Service Desk create issue views?

Cheers,

Heily

6 answers

0 votes
Daniel Alonso February 27, 2019

You can vote for this feature for future releases:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-1320

0 votes
Jay Yang July 29, 2018

any update on this feature?

0 votes
munyiva ngea July 20, 2018

Any progress on addition of tabs?

0 votes
Ronen Erlich January 24, 2018

I am having the same issue.

we created a purchasing page with general information for the order and tabs with the items information. Ideally we would like a purchasing form that you can have a button to add another item (which will be a subtask) but this is not available either.

now, not only my tabs not showing up (apparently not supported), the main form is not loading....

0 votes
ApolloAI December 23, 2017

Have they implemented this feature now? would be useful.

0 votes
Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2016

Hi Heily,

good question, unfortunately the SD concept is to be simpler than standard JIRA and that's why the tabs are not supported.

Do you really need all that fields?

The only possible solution that I can think of is the use Dynamic Forms by Intenso and not show all fields in a static way but show only those which are applicable for previous user choices.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.intenso.jira.plugins.jsd-extender/server/overview

I hope this helps. Please write back.

Cheers,

Peter T

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events