Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swimlanes are not shown for the JQL

Ravi Manik July 4, 2019

I want to create a swimlane in my software development project which has tasks from a service desk project based on a JQL query. I followed the standard process described in the documentation and added a swimlane with a JQL. But I can't see any swimlane for that.

Am I missing something here? Could anyone guide me here?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2019

I think you might be misunderstanding what swimlanes do.  It sounds like you are expecting a swimlane to add issues to an existing board.  They do not.  Swimlanes group issues that are included in the board, they can't add things to the board.

If you want to create a swimlane that has tasks from project X, you need to do two things:

• Make sure the board filter includes "or project = X"
  • Add a swimlane with "project = X"

From your question, my instincts say you have only done point 2, and have not done point 1.

Ravi Manik July 5, 2019

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I wanted to add issues to an existing board. Is there any way to add tasks to board from issues in the service desk.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2019

Amend the board filter so that it includes the issues you want to see on the board.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events