Support for MS Outlook Conversation Threading

I've received some comments from users that JIRA Service Desk notifications defy attempts to group them by conversation thread in Microsoft Outlook.

Looking a little bit further, it appears that Microsoft Outlook relies on two custom email headers, 'Thread-Topic' and 'Thread-Index' to perform conversation threading. 

Example:

Subject: RE: Weekly Action Items
Thread-Topic: Weekly Action Items
Thread-Index: AdFS2wcpSsQw/RRXR1+EZVvMtO/2QwFfjgwgAWCTdDABYAvG0AFf7c0gAWAspHABYBSk0AFfqgFAAV5xhYABYU1ZEAFfNYgQAWUDcLABW8wAYAFfebXAAV4kLbABYSm+QAFg8NSAAWENU2ABYCjlMAFfoipgAV+Ez6ABX5RS4AFfveJAAV3hTfABYk9HEAK4Vn+wAWc7MqABX6xIYAFgrY0gAV5+W/ABYJ73EAFgFOEQAWFTX0ABX26kcAFgwqhgAV+eXjABXzpfMAFhQxQgAV7A6sABYPIEMAFerHCwAWPZB9AEJVcOYAFZ1+4AAVufh3ABYnCMEAFi+vaAAWFznyABXXWWEAFfeL+gAWGIqUABXzW8IAFgEfIgAWAECYABX0YpUAFhK3+QAV/q3ZABXjoVoAFgfKcAAVuONfABZNqLkAFfP9YAAWAFeKABYL2PAAFfRnIQAWClc3ABX6U7kAFf15VQAWIGVYABYzkHQAABfv6gAVjh8uABX+qTAAFf1epwAZ+fCfABH+1osAFhFA6QAWDVw4ABX6SVIAFf5H0QAWAyajABYEUKkAFcObfQ
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 11:02:43 -0500
Message-ID: <2b4a8e08a6d0466d98d0767700b40bd6@BLM-MAIL02P.l1id.local>

Notifications sent from Service Desk do not appear to have these two headers.

Is it possible to get this behavior from a plugin or configuration?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

Hi James,

There is a bug ticket that you can find at JRASERVER-31365 for this issue.  Take a look at the comments for some suggestions on how to work around this temporarily.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Dec 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

Looking for teams who switched from email to Jira Service Desk

The Jira Service Desk marketing team is working on a guide to help new Atlassian customers switch from email to JSD and we'd love to hear from you! Please share: - What made you realize that i...

359 views 1 7
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you