Suggestions for a workflow that allows me move issues from the service desk to a development project

Mandi Chiancone
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2017

We currently have our Service Desk configured and would like to send issues that should be prioritized in our development backlog to a different project.  I was doing this manually, which is not terrible, but I am thinking there is a better solution?  

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2017

I would not.

I would rather use the Create + Link operation in the More menu to create a cooresponding issue in the respective Software Project backlog. Then I would use Automation to automatically close the Request when the Development item is closed.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2017

agree w/ @Steven F Behnke here. there are some other threads that provide ideas on automation too. You will see one of them to the right under Related content > Re: How to create a JIRA issue from a Service Desk...

Mandi Chiancone
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 7, 2017

Thank you both!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2017

can u accept Steven's answer?

Mandi Chiancone
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 7, 2017

@Steven F Behnke do you have any insight or best practices that you can share for the automation action that you mentioned.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 7, 2017

here is something i use. you can make more complex by using different comments based upon the resolution in the JSW issue.

automation.jpg

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 7, 2017

Yep Jack is on point –

The "A linked issue is transitioned" is the WHEN even you're looking for. You can use the IF area to set conditions. Typically you'd like to let the customer know that feature was fixed and can be released soon.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events