Stop an SLA based on a field being completed

Paul Nash May 22, 2020

Hi, i want to setup an SLA (or OLA in this instance if you like), where when a field (radio button) is set to Yes, the SLA clock stops. The field will have to be Yes at some point so it is the perfect checkpoint to know how we are progressing...

When creating an SLA, it doesnt give the conditions based on fields being completed more status etc.

Have had a look on project automation and get so far with it but the ultimate last step to stop an sla clock is not there. 

Can anyone help with any suggestions?

And to give more background. It is a problem mgmt sla. I want to measure the time being taken for a resolver team to identify the root cause of a problem when they get assigned the ticket (not a measure to fix the problem). I dont want them having to change status at this point. the workflow transition is "Under Investigation" to "Completed".

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2020

That doesn’t exist. You could consider creating a unique status and use Project automation to move the issue into that status when the checkbox is ticked.

Paul Nash May 22, 2020

Would i be able to hide that status from agents so only automation uses it and then it bounces back to the previous status of Under Investigation as they will still be working on the fix...?

Paul Nash May 22, 2020

i wouldnt want the agents freely using that status....

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2020

Well you can’t hide it but you can prevent any user other than automation from executing the transition into the status. Edit the workflow and use Condition on the transition where only certain user can transition.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events