Recognition

• Give kudos
  • My kudos

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Start using New Jira Service Desk without the Portal

I would like to start using the Jira Service Desk without using the portal for customers at first.  How can I turn off this functionality?  

Thanks!

5 answers

If you make them Agents, they will see the Agent interface.

0 votes
Jack Community Leader Jul 17, 2019

With JSD you have three options for you customers to create issues: portal, email, and widget. In addition to being able to create issues the portal allows the customer to view, monitor and manage their issues. The other two allow them to create issues only. I if you don’t want to use the portal for you customers you have the other options. 

Can I know why do you need that? Sounds a bit limiting...

As of now it is not possible. You can remove all request types from service desk settings except e-mail, but portal  will still be available for customers (blank portal without any request types)

0 votes

Like Jack said, you have the 3 options. If you dont want to use the portal, you cant turn it off but you would enable one (or both) of the other options and you wouldn't share the link to the portal. That would require you to edit the email notifications to make sure the "View Request" link is not apart of it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Asked in Jira Service Desk

Calling all Insight users, we need your help!

Hello Insight users,  As part of our (Mindville's) acquisition by Atlassian, our training team is looking to build some new Insight training materials. It would really helpful if you can ...

266 views 4 6
View question

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you