Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start SLA based on value of date field

Tom Moschitz March 19, 2019

Hi, I would like to start an SLA based on a date earlier than the issue creation date, in order that the SLA represents the total time the issue has been with the help desk and not just the time the issue has been in JIRA. If this is possible would someone be able to share with the JQL that would be used to create this SLA.

1 answer

0 votes
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2019

HI @Tom Moschitz 

Welcome to the community!

This will be difficult to trigger the SLA based on date field instead of you can use the automation rule using which you can auto transit the ticket to respective state once the date matched and then based on the state the SLA will work.

Another way is to use Automation lite for Jira add-on, to auto transit the ticket based on date.

André Stuhrmann November 9, 2020

Hi Yogesh,

if I understood Tom correctly, then the due date should start *before* the ticket was actually created.

Automations triggered by status transitions would set the start of the SLA after ticket creation. Thus, this would not be helpful.

I have a similar need as Tom. Is there anyone else who has an idea how to let SLAs start in the past?

Best regards,
André

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events